Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Fun

During Memorial Weekend we always visit the East Lawn Cemetery where my grandparents are buried. He served as a Colonel in the Air Force and she was the most patriotic women I ever knew. It's a beautiful cemetery and I love seeing the flags they put up on that weekend.
It was a wonderful, relaxing, not-do-anything-important weekend. I loved it! Little kids played outside, we had a birthday celebration, and enjoyed shish-ka-bobs. I wish there could be a weekend like this every month!
Cutest twin girls ever? I think so.
Grandpa feeding Macie her first cantaloupe and teaching her how to play Mormon Bridge. I love how tiny her hands are next to his.
Alli blocking Christian from blowing out her candles.
It was a little too cold to swim, but the boys loved it anyway

8 comments:

The Purcells said...

So glad I was able to come yesterday Barb! And thank you so much for taking those pictures. What sweet (2nd cousin?) uncles and aunt they have. The kabobs were delicious and it was fun to just relax with everyone.

Sara Waldron said...

Aww, the things I miss living in CA! Food (and perfect decorations) look great! What a fun way to spend the holiday!

Kristen and Alex said...

Family fun weekends are the BEST! Those are adorable twin girls!

Emily said...

Way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend just the way it was intended - to remember family members who have passed on, and to spend time with the family you've got near you. Looks like a lot of fun.

wendy said...

Mormon Bridge!????
My hubby's mom is visiting us right now (she's 89)....and she has me playing cards with her all day long.

I am glad it was a great weekend for you .

Kazzy said...

I love Mem Day. Great pics of your family.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Very cute twins indeed! Sounds like a fun weekend overall!Missed ya!

Camille said...

Long time no check! I love that your family plays Mormon Bridge. That's our family favorite!!