Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Make It Stop!!

Despite all my efforts to stop time and not grow up, it's happening anyway. And the effects on my movie-viewing psyche are very unsettling! I used to be the girl for whom made-for-TV movies were created. Bring it on ABC Family and Disney; I'll be there to watch everything you create. And I'll like it, too.

But now, I'm starting to be critical of these simple-minded works of art. In addition to growing older, I blame Eric Snider. I blame him heavily. His movie reviews are fantastic! I love their caustic sarcasm. But now I find that when I watch movies I'm criticizing the characters, the writers, the actors…all of it! I think, That wouldn't happen in real life! What are you thinking? Why don't you write about a realistic situation? Or, have the characters react like normal people? It's really affecting how I view my once-loved movies, and it's all Eric's fault because he pointed those mistakes out to me in the first place. And it's growing-up's fault for making me appreciate what Eric says. Now, I'm afraid to watch my favorite Mary-Kate and Ashley movie, Winning London. What if I'm too sophisticated for it now?!

Dang you, Eric Snider and growing up! Dang you both to Hades!!

4 comments:

Adam and Lisa said...

[Gasp!!!] Movie sinner!!! Who am I going to watch and talk about all of those with now?!?!?!
~Lisa

e. said...

Yes, negative 20. SO COLD! We don't know if Will is getting married, but I'm pretty sure that he thinks this chicka is it. I don't, but that is just me. I've met her once before and I was stoopider after it. My blue wall was completly purposeful. I love it. I mean, the wall was white and had LOADS of nail holes and yes, even some real holes. Oh, and Picketing Emily is no more. Good things never last, do they? ;)

Emily said...

I have a hard time believe that you could stop enjoying such movies. I hope it hasn't affected your enjoyment of The Inheritance or our favorite Olsen sister movies!

Nate said...

I miss your cutting sarcasm. You're great, and if you by chance find a way to make growing up stop let me know. I am trying out making faces at people - so far so good.