Sara at Domestically Challenged has this new thing: Top Ten Thursdays. I thought my trip wrap-up in Fiji would work well for that, so here goes.
10. Walking on the beach at night. The weather was SO perfect!! After trying to squeeze in all the activities we could in Australia and New Zealand it was great to get to Fiji with no set plans and just relax in the warm weather.
9. Seeing this guy catch a fish while we were walking. I tried to get a non-blurry picture, but I don't think that guy was crazy about us taking pictures so this is what you get.
8. Running into the missionaries in Nadi. (PS-they pronounce it Nandi. Who knew?) Even better? They were wearing dress-skirts-lava-lava things.
7. Hard Rock Cafe. Enough said.
6. Our awesome hostel that wasn't at all creepy.
5. We were a little nervous about the cleanliness and such, so we used out t-shirts as pillow cases. And we pushed our beds all together cuz it's fun..not cuz we were arguing about who would sleep closest to the door.
4. Day Cruise=AWESOME. So pretty. So fun. Blue water. White beach. Apparently I can only use two-word sentences to describe the wonderfulness thereof. Do you know what I did there? I went scuba-diving. That's HUGE for me. HUGE! I have this thing where I'm terrified of the ocean and all things inside it. I've never even wanted to scuba dive...but when the Fijian guy was talking about it, for some odd-spontaneous reason I signed up. I'm not gonna lie, I was too freaked out the whole time to really appreciate it and I'm most likely never gonna do it again as long as I live...but at least I did it the one time. Right?
3. Being mermaids. In theory it was a good idea but once the idea was carried through the massive amounts of salt water in both my nose and ears dampened the activity.
2. I told you; pretty pretty beach. Can you believe a place like this really exists?!
1. Seeing this guy at our hostel reading Twilight! I know it's fuzzy. My cousin that took the picture was trying to be sneaky and not have the guy realize what she was doing. C'mon, whether you like the books or not, it's kind of awesome, no?
Verdict: Pretend that for some odd reason I have lots of money when I get married: I'm fully going there on my honeymoon. The only thing I'd change? Maybe not stay in a hostel with inordinate amounts of geckos and questionable bedding.