Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We're Off To Never Never Land

Last weekend I packed myself into my figurative DeLorean, ensured the flux capacitor was operating correctly and effectively transported myself back to Jr. High. What I mean by this, is that my roomate, myself, and one other girl (all of us clearly over the age of 14) had a sleep-over in the living room. And we stayed up late playing "Truth or Dare."

This was a good thing cuz I often panic when I think about growing-up. Then I do things like this and realize I'll probly always be a kid.

Apologies to my cousins that are in this picture but it's the only one I have current access to that is from my Jr. High era. I absolutely loathe and despise this picture. More so than I do svengalis and harridans. But for some masochistic reason I can't keep myself from posting it on this blog. I know this is a bad idea. Here are some other bad ideas:

-Teenaged girls getting pictures taken.

-Teenaged girls with braces getting pictures taken.

-Teenaged girls wearing matching shirts that are 4 sizes too big, but who think that by tucking them in and then rolling up the sleeves they will look stylish. Tip to past self: it is NOT stylish.

-Teenaged girls.

10 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

I absolutely love that picture, but mostly because it is HILLARIOUS!

Unknown said...

This is so funny... and such a spot on call back to the early 90s... I heart this in every way...

Hoggards said...

Love the pic and the sleepover and truth or dare idea. Any secrets come out???

Barbaloot said...

Oh yes-secrets were told. Unfortunately, I was the only one that followed the main rule which is to tell the TRUTH-not some made up stuff that won't embarrass you. Don't play with cheaters.

Chrissy said...

It'll take me a while to forgive you, Barb... ;-<

Adam and Lisa said...

Hey, I like that picture!!!

Gibbons Family said...

Dave always tells me I am such a kid, and I take it as a compliment because I don't want to grow up either!!! By the way I love seeing a picture on your blog! I wish I could see more pictures of you!

Eddie

Nicoletta said...

I remember you at that age and looking that way! I have tried to forget myself at that age and how I looked then.

Tiffany said...

I ditto what Nicole said!! I have decided that jr high is just awkward all around, but at least we were all awkward together so we didn't notice at the time, right? and ps, LOVE the balloons in the back of the picture. haha!

Dusty said...

Hey - I know your old roomate... and word on the street is there was a 'boy' at the sleep over as well... hmmmmm