Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'm the Mommy...That's Why.

I was inspired by the lady whose blog I stalk, er, frequent often because I think she's hilarious. Her post about her mom today was very sweet and so I'm copying her format. 

Dear Mom-
Thanks for passing on your love for reading. Some of my favorite memories are reading 'Little House on the Prairie" with you and my brothers or begging to read just one more chapter of Nancy Drew at night when you tucked me in.

Thanks for teaching me how to memorize...and providing compensation for doing so:) I'm glad I can still remember poems, scriptures and songs I learned as a child...or at least parts of them.

Thanks for making sure I know how to cook, clean, do laundry etc. I may hate the phrase "Domestic Goddess," but that doesn't mean I can't be a darn good one.

Thanks for making music one of the most important parts of my life.

Thanks for doing family genealogy and teaching me about my ancestors.

I'd say thanks for passing on your love of chocolate, but so far that just gets me in trouble.

Thanks for marrying my dad. You've said it before, (and I'm sure you'll say it again) the best thing you ever did for my brothers and me was marry him.

Thank you for instilling in me a love of America and all things patriotic. And thank you for being willing to serve to keep those things alive. I could never have the guts to do it, but I'll always be proud to vote for you.

Thank you for showing me, by your example, that you had a testimony of the Gospel. I have relied on your faith more times than I can count and have seen hundreds, besides myself, blessed through your countless acts of service.

I love you, Mama.

3 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

Seriously, isn't she the best! You have such a good mom barbs, and you are so awesome for appreciating and realizing all she does and has done for you. Some people take it for granted, I am soooo glad you aren't one of them. I love your mom too, she is so great to me and my kids. I love the picture too. You are great loots!

Shelley said...

What a cute idea- you are my blog that I stalk!! HEHE!

Tiffany said...

I agree. Your mom is awesome. remember when she used to pick us up from track and take us straight to soccer and she would make us PB and J's?? Delicious!! Tell her I said hello!